Worlds embrace, cross, conflict and collide.
My world, your world, the world outside.
The world around us, worlds beyond us.
In which world do you reside?
The world we live in, the world we once knew
Would we could capture worlds, bring them to view.

Wednesday, 13 January 2010

Through the Seasons

This is the work of a man named Eirik Solheim:

http://eirikso.com/2010/01/04/one-year-in-90-seconds/

I have posted it here because I think its inspirational and fits in with what I am trying to capture and express. So all credit to the filmmaker; a magical piece. As well as the visual element with the changing light and shadows, I love the way you can hear the soundscape changing as a result of the air pressure differences through the seasons, the amount of leaf cover, snow and wind and how these factors affect the way we hear the other sounds;- voices, birdsong, churchbells and dogs barking. The camera like a quiet observer has captured it all and reveals to us a world we might not otherwise fully appreciate. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to do this of the view from my kitchen window! I find it really fascinating how the view changes with the seasons...and with us living in the country, there is quite a bit of rural activity too... I could do with a proper camera...sigh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esther I love the photos you post on your blog. They are amazing. You have a real gift there....
    This is a very clever video Tim. It is incredible to think that the cameraman was able to capture all this. I love your commentary too. Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete