Worlds embrace, cross, conflict and collide.
My world, your world, the world outside.
The world around us, worlds beyond us.
In which world do you reside?
The world we live in, the world we once knew
Would we could capture worlds, bring them to view.

Friday, 9 September 2011

Summer Days - The Song

Upon returning to South Africa, I realised it was no longer appropriate to be singing and playing my previous song mourning the end of summer. Despite leaving summer (if rather a changeable one) behind in Europe, summer has begun in earnest here in South Africa....it was therefore time for a song in celebration of summer, so I started to put to music the words of a poem I wrote a couple of years back.  Hope you like it (headphones or good speakers recommended) ;)

Summer Days by tim57vs

6 comments:

  1. Uplifting and beautiful Tim...
    You have a gift. I reckon you should record more and produce a CD.... How about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does that mean you like the song? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, Matthew and I have just been listening to you singing and playing again. It doesn't fail to move me and somehow makes me feel close to you and to all my family. Lovely... So thanks again for sharing this song with us on here.
    How did you make the backing Music?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mary, I'm glad it has that effect :). I guess I "feel" what the song is about when I sing it, the same feeling that inspired me to write the original poem. I confess, I used software called Garageband, so cheating a bit. Would sound better in a studio recorded with "real" instruments.

    ReplyDelete