Worlds embrace, cross, conflict and collide.
My world, your world, the world outside.
The world around us, worlds beyond us.
In which world do you reside?
The world we live in, the world we once knew
Would we could capture worlds, bring them to view.

Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Space to Place

Well, it's been a while since I posted anything on my blog and much has changed in my life in the last 6 months. I've moved to South Africa, I'm married to the most wonderful woman in the world and I am in the process of setting up my own garden design business called "Space to Place" here in South Africa! 

Here are a few pictures of my first "design and build" in SA; at least I designed the project, oversaw and contributed to the building and planting. The project is at the church conference centre in Stephanopark. It involved a new paved area, grass area, planting and water feature. The majority of the work was done by a lot of hard working friends during work parties. Click on the pictures to get a larger view.
 


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Tim! so nice to see what you've been up to! Looks great! All the very best with your new company. Exciting stuff! :) Looking forward to getting some ideas about how to make our new space into a place too! Lots of love to you both! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lush Tim,very impressive.A very therepeutic design,any suggestions for a back yard in the North east?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Christina. I could give you lots of ideas. Amazing what you can do even with the tiniest space...

    Esther, I really want to get going on a design for your garden. I've been giving it some thought of late.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The water feature looks amazing. Wish I could pop over and see it. So many fond memories of such a balmy country. Glad you are getting stuck in - It's so good to have something to lose yourself in - And in a place where you feel at home.....

    Your little trowel set has had some use of late. I'm enjoying a deal of gardening myself. Thanks for the nudge. It is a wonderful pastime. Lots of love to you both Maryxx

    ReplyDelete