Its that time of year again. I wrote this song at the end of the first summer conference at Brunstad. Nearly everyone had gone home and I was down at the beach area tidying up. It was so strange without the sound of children's laughter and all the summer activity that was so customary. All that remained were the echoes and still-warm memories of these things. A solitary Swallow swooped down over the grass as if he too felt the loss and the inevitable end of summer....
What are we going to do
Now that Summer's nearly through?
The beach lies empty once more
The disowned bucket on the shore
Only the Swallow knows
As he swoops in low
What's gone on here below
The long forgotten shoe
That floats with the rise and fall
Of water on the sand
Doesn't understand
Where everybody's gone to
Only the Swallow knows
As he swoops in low
What's gone on here below
All the children back at school again
Staring out the window
Summer memories framed in autumn skies
Fading light of summer reflected in their eyes
Only the Swallow knows
As he swoops in low
What's gone on here below
Thursday, 11 November 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'd very much like to hear this sung...:)
ReplyDeleteI was singing it at the weekend only you probably weren't taking much notice ;)
ReplyDeletehmmm.... like I was in another room at the time ;)
ReplyDeleteNo, sitting in the same room, but maybe in another room in your mind like "what am I going to cook for dinner. I wish Tim would stop strumming and singing so I could think straight":)
ReplyDelete