This is a proposal I am putting together for the upgrade of gardens at the Health Sciences Faculty, Witwatersrand University in Johannesburg. The gardens are currently planted with a variety of medicinal plants in raised beds, along with paving and some seating. The new design seeks to provide a more rationalised use of the space, increased seating, more shade and overall a more harmonious sense of place for both students and visitors to the University. I have not been awarded the job yet but I am putting together some visuals to show what the new design might look like in preparation for a meeting with the Dean of the faculty. I hope I get the job.
 |
| The existing entrance approach to the main faculty building. |
 |
My "artists impression" of the proposed design for the
approach to the entrance of the main faculty building.
 |
| View of the main building. |
|
 |
My "artists impression" of the proposed design, looking
south over the Johannesburg skyline.
|
Hope you do too!! I like this.. It transforms in a calm and tasteful way... I also like the way the semi-covered walkway screens the harshness of faculty building block...
ReplyDeleteI agree with Esther. Hope they keep the idea on hold for the future when they might have more funds... keep the ideas coming...
ReplyDelete